Services We Provide to Children
Care at Home
Purple Balm can provide twenty-four hour nursing, care and support to meet the individual needs of the child and their family.
Examples of the services we provide are:
- Help with washing, dressing, going to the toilet and feeding.
- Medication assistance.
Preparing meals and snacks
- Preparing meals, snacks and drinks.
- Assistance with feeding if required or just staying while meals are eaten for company, support and conversation.
- Help with personal affairs such as helping to buy birthday cards and presents.
- Assisting with art and crafts.
- Assisting the child to meet religious or cultural needs.
Domestic and Home Help Services
- Light household duties, such as hoovering, dusting and general cleaning.
- Helping with the child’s personal laundry and ironing.
Outings with the Support Worker / Carer / Nurse
- Trips and outings can be undertaken (with suitable preparations to ensure the suitability of activities and control costs).
- Help with looking after pets. (This needs to be agreed as part of the child’s Care Plan.)
Care at Night
We offer a flexible service of care and support of children throughout the 24 hour period. As part of this we offer two types of night duty:
- Night Duty - Awake - if your child requires frequent attention during the night.
- Night Duty - Sleeping - if your child only requires infrequent attention during the night then this ensures your child is not left alone and you can still get a good nights sleep.
Purple Balm’s care planning process is straightforward but thorough. Step-by step we make sure your needs as an individual are met.
|Peace of Mind|
Hands on management and the proper policies and processes in place ensure the highest standards of care are delivered to you.
We understand help just as you need it.